A couple of months ago, I was leaning towards either closing my Citi Prestige or converting the card to the Citi Premier. This was due to the changes to the benefits of the card and the increased annual fee. Instead of getting rid of my Citi Prestige, I ended up getting rid of my Altitude Reserve. Recently, MasterCard overhauled World and World Elite cardholder benefits making the Citi Prestige even more of a keeper card.
The Citi Prestige has an annual fee of $495 and the following benefits:
- $250 Travel Credit Every Calendar Year
- Complimentary 4th Night Hotel Stay (limited to 2 stays)
- Priority Pass Lounge Membership
- 6 hour trip delay coverage
- 5x on Air Travel and Restaurants
- 3x on Hotels and Cruises
- 1x on everything else
With the overhauled World Elite benefits the Citi Prestige now has:
- $10 Lyft credit for every five rides in a months, capped at once a month
- Double Fandango VIP+ points for every movie ticket you buy
- 5% Cash Rewards on Boxed Purchases
- $5 discount on Postmates over $25
- $800 Cellular Phone Protection
Of all the benefits the ones I’m most excited about are the $10 monthly Lyft credit, the $5 discount on Postmates (you can also get 10% cashback using Ebates) and the Boxed 5% discount (I order a lot of LaCroix).
Depending on how often you use each benefit you could get outsized value by carrying the Citi Prestige. The Lyft credit alone can be worth up to $120/year. This combined with the travel credit and complimentary 4th night hotel stay means that Citi is basically paying you to have the card.
Which of the new World Elite benefits are you excited about?
HT: Doctor of Credit